Thursday, July 21, 2005

My Responsibility Chart

This is my responsibility chart. I have had it since I was 4 years old. When I do my chore, mommy marks a checkmark in the box, and if I don't do my chore then I get a sad face in the box. Mommy added something new to my chore chart this week. She said that I needed to pay taxes.


I have some chores that I don't get paid for and some that I do. But if I don't do my 'expected' responsibilities, then I don't get paid for my extra chores either. My exptected chores are getting dressed and brusing teeth in the morning, bathing and brushing teeth in the evening and and picking up my room every night before bed. My paid chores are these:

Monday - Clean out the van
Tuesday - Vacuuum the stairs
Wednesday - Take out garbage and recycle
Thursday - Help with laundry
Friday - Help with dishes
Saturday - Water "Tommy" my tomato plant
Sunday - is my day off, and the day that I get paid

Now I have taxes taken out of my pay, but mommy says I can control how much is taken out. I have a 'light' tax, a 'lid' tax and a 'flush' tax. Every time I leave my lights on (especially my bathroom or bedroom), leave the toilet seat up or forget to flush the toilet, then I get a mark. At the end of the week, mommy adds the marks up (each mark is worth 1%) and takes that amount out of my pay. But she said that each week the marks will go up another 1% which means I better watch my toileting and lights habit or I won't be getting much of a paycheck.

In My Own Words

I like doing all my chores. Today, I have to do two chores, but now one is crossed off. And I have one chore done, crossed off and I don't get many sad faces. And today I have to do another chore. I didn't vacuum the stairs, so today I have to do it. And I like to do all my chores in the morning, after dinner and the afternoons. Anytime I like. And that is all Mr. diary, I'm done.

No comments: