Okay, another update done by mommy. Sorry, but it seems that she always thinks about this when I'm not available to help her with dictation. But luckily she's typing this up before the baby is born, because who knows when we'll get to it next!!
Mommy graduated in June from nursing school and I got to present her with her graduation pin. Mommy called me her 'Hero' for taking such good care of the family in her absence (in person and in mind).
In July I went through a track camp and loved every minute of it. Mommy said she was suprised I didn't bite my tongue off when landing a hurdle jump. I guess I never knew I had giraffe DNA in me! And what was the point of the rope for the high jump if it was lower than the actual landing pad?! 
Here's me in my annual fire gear for the 4th of July.
I LOOOVE getting to spray out the occasional fires (and daddy usually makes sure I get a couple to put out). This year we got a new nozzle that looks just like a firefighters. It was the coolest!And here's a pic of my new ride. Ain't it a beauty!!
Now I can keep up with Daddy during the Providence Bridge Pedal this year, 'cause it has gears and everything. And did I mention the shocks rock?! (I tested them on the curb right away to make sure Daddy got me a quality ride, LOL). And yes, I did ride the Bridge Pedal in August with Daddy and my neighbor Emily. I rode 14 miles and only had to walk my bike once. It was an awesome day.August was a busy month for mommy and daddy and the camera didn't come out often. It was a hot month and I did a lot of swimming and bike riding. I also helped pack up the house, since we bought a new one. But mommy did find the camera to take this picture of gardner snake
I caught in my neighbors lawn. (Well, they're cat actually caught it and I took it from her, but I'm not telling anyone that). Yep, Mommy said Steve Irwin would be proud of the way I handled that snake!And well, September came and went really fast....with the camera packed away still. But I started a new school for the first grade. I really love it and I really like my teacher. She told mommy that I am an excellent reader, have good penmanship and that I have a strong sense of right vs. wrong (whatever that means). Mommy seemed to take a lot of credit for all of those. ;) No matter, I'm having fun, making new friends (even a couple of girlfriends...but that's another blog for another time) and even enjoying my homework on occasion. I was able to play soccer after school for a few weeks, but the season ended (guess the parents don't like their kids coming home muddy from the winter rain).
October is here and for those of you who know me, you know my birthday is this month!!! I can't wait. I talk about it every day. Sometimes more than once a day, okay, maybe even more than that. But I'm just so excited. Oh yes, I have a new baby brother or sister coming in a few days too. But just because I have homework and a new sibling to watch out for doesn't mean that my fun is over. Now I just get to play indoor sports, decide if I want to learn to ski or snowboard since we live so close to the snow again, Halloween is right around the corner and did I mention my birthday!!!! ;)
I had my first hockey lesson. I got to
wear a real practice jersey, a
mouthguard (for my mouth full of missing teeth...go figure) and this thing called a protective cup. That was a little weird, but Daddy said I would thank him one day (and the coach said it was mandatory....I guess that
means I HAVE to wear it). But here's some photos from today's lesson. I can't wait to go back.There you have it. That sums up the last four months. Until next time....
1 comment:
Loved the BLOG update! Cool pix! Really liked the snake, the hurdles, and the HOCKEY! Parker, you ROCK!
Love,
Gramma
Post a Comment